Alternative London – As Featured In & Recommended By
Welcome To Alternative London
The Original off-the-beaten-track Tour Provider – East London Culture, Creativity & Community
Firstly, we’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has supported us through this unprecedented time. The tourism and arts sectors have been hit hard and by joining one of our activities you are really helping us to get back on our feet and continue to support the arts and cultural sectors. We appreciate it.
Alternative London has taken all relevant and possible steps to limit the spread of the coronavirus during our activities. Please see details below for how we will operate during this time.
Private tours are available upon request
- Our walking tours will be limited to groups of 8 from up to 3 households (or ‘bubbles’) to ensure social distancing is possible
- Masks are recommended and will be worn by your guide
- Our start time is now 10a.m to avoid rush hour and to visit the area at its quietest time
- Combined tours and street art workshops are bookable every day. If you would prefer to just attend the workshop, please see Workshops section below
- Please ensure children are supervised at all times
- Groups will be limited to 8 from up to 3 households (or ‘bubbles’) to ensure social distancing is possible
- We will stop at quiet areas to avoid potential crowds
- Bikes will be disinfected before and after every use
- If you have your own helmet please feel free to bring it, otherwise our helmets will also be disinfected before and after use
- Minimum age is 13 years old, children must be accompanied by an adult
- Our workshop space has been Covid Health & Safety approved
- Workshops will be limited to 12 participants from up to 4 households (or ‘bubbles’)
- Each household (or ‘bubble’) will have its own workstation socially distanced from others, with their own stationary, PPE (mask & gloves), hand sanitiser and spraypaints
- Each group will have their own spray painting wall
- There will be 3 bathrooms available which will be cleaned regularly
- Workstations, chairs and materials will be disinfected before and after use
- if you would just like attend the workshop without the tour, book as usual using the discount code; wsonly
- Minimum age is 10 years old
Cancelations & Refunds
- Should an activity be cancelled due to changes in government guidelines, a full refund or credit note will be issued
- If you need to cancel or move your booking please try to give us a minimum of 48 hours notice. Once an activity has been given the go ahead and a guide booked, it incurs a cost to us. Due to limited numbers we would appreciate as much notice as possible to try to refill any unwanted spaces
- Cancelations within 24 hours or no-shows will receive no refund, we will do our best to move you to another date at our discretion
Discover the London you won’t find in the guidebooks with Alternative London Tours, the capital’s original off-the-beaten-track tour provider! Our multi award-winning unique London experiences were the first to take visitors and local’s into the heart of the vibrant East End to explore the capital’s culture, creativity and community.
Our in-depth, first-hand knowledge of our area inspired us to create the first London graffiti and street art tour back in 2010. Now in our tenth year, we offer a variety of immersive tours and unrivalled graffiti and street art workshops for visitors and locals alike – all with the same authentic, highly informative, yet relaxed and informal approach.
Together our collective of well-known artists and local creatives are considered some of the foremost experts on East London. We are immersed in our community and produce many of the legal murals you will see on our tours, exhibit the artists’ works at our gallery and hang out at the independent pubs, bars and restaurants on our food and drink tours.
As passionate travellers ourselves we know how valuable your time is on a city visit, so our original mission remains the same – to take you away from the tourist traps to experience the real London – from a local’s perspective. Our reputation and high acclaim precede us and we’ve firmly established ourselves as the benchmark for cultural tourism in London. We are proud innovators who despite our many imitators remain at the top of our game with an endless enthusiasm for what we do.
Our Award Winning London Tours
London Bike Tours, Food & Drinks Tours, Street Art Tours, Graffiti Workshops and more!
Our Customer Reviews
Feedback from some of our recent tour guests
A fabulous day with Emily at Alternative London. Great street art tour followed by the workshop. Highly recommend if you want to know more about the area and styles of street art. Just remember to look up!
Really loved it, not just the standard graffiti art but some amazing hidden gems along the tour, great insight into how street art is progressing in today’s world, keep up the good work guys!!
Had a wonderful and eye opening alternative tour with the lovely Yasmin. Learned so much about the history of Brick Lane and mesmerized by the stories about the neighborhood and every street art i saw. Loved this tour.
Looking For Something More?
We offer customised educational and private tours
Private & Corporate Tours
Alternative London are experts in providing bespoke activities for those wishing to experience a different side of the capital or plan a unique and memorable event.
We understand that every client is different and we love to get creative and design the perfect activity for you. Whether it’s a corporate day out, a team building exercise, hen party or group of friends – we can offer one of our unique tours or workshop and add a personal twist to make your experience with us an unforgettable one.
School & Educational Tours
Our Alternative London tours and workshops are perfect for educational organisations looking for something fun, engaging and interesting for students of all ages.
We have organised bespoke activities for hundreds of schools, colleges and universities from all four corners of the globe.